Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Clean up this mess!

I hate clutter. Right now, my bedroom is in complete disarray, and I am forcing myself to finish this post before I begin to clean up the mess. Usually, I have to have every inch of my room spotless before I begin any homework. I used to think cleaning was just another way to procrastinate, but now I realize that it is really difficult for me to get anything done when I’m surrounded by clutter. I am actually feeling a great deal of anxiety about this.

I’m not like this just with physical messes. I can’t stand clutter in my e-mail inbox either. I like to keep no more than 20 messages in my inbox at one time, so I can view all the messages on one page, and keep only the ones that are absolutely necessary.

Another aspect of my clutter phobia is language. When I look at something that has too many errors, I get overwhelmed, and I have trouble reading. This happens every time I proofread my boyfriend’s papers. He spells even the easiest of words wrong: “mayby” instead of maybe and “sais” instead of says. It’s embarrassing, really. I get stuck for a few minutes because the abundance of errors makes me lose my focus, but eventually, I get through it.

I know that in editing I will come across many errors, so I need to learn how to keep my focus when I am bombarded with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment