Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Erica goes on a ghost hunt

As I mentioned in my last post, I went along on a paranormal investigation late Sunday night into Monday morning.

I went in skeptical as a ghost hunter, but open-minded as a journalist. Even though I do not necessarily believe in spirits and paranormal activity, I knew the people I was with did, and I was there to report their experiences, not mine.

Hopefully, it came across in my story that I tried to be as objective as possible in regards to their beliefs in the supernatural.

But this is a blog, and a blog seems like a great place for opinions, so here are mine.

The investigation took place in a small town about 35 minutes away in an uninhabited house. It smelled old and musty, and I found the clutter in the home to be more daunting than the possible presence of spirits.

The only time I got a little spooked was when the leader would ask any spirits present to knock on a wall or touch one of us. All I could think was if that happened, I would have been running for the hills.

Only there were no hills. And we were out in the middle of nowhere, so there was really nowhere to run.

It is also a possiblity that I was too tired to be scared. I usually go to sleep around midnight on "school nights," but the investigation went until 2:45 a.m., and I did not crawl into my bed until 3:45 a.m. Ugh.

The most exciting thing that happened that night, at least in my opinion, was when the cops showed up. Note to anyone trying to rob a home in the middle of the night: Just tell the cops you're on a paranormal investigation. Apparently they don't ask questions.

Anyone ever had any paranormal experiences?

1 comment:

  1. My friends and I went ghost hunting a few years ago. We found this website that has all of the known haunted places in Illinois and we went to check out the ones close to us. Nothing crazy or spooky happened, but it was still a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete